Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Young Braves

 
There is so much to be learned and discovered about yourself from being around children 24/7. While feelings of loneliness, exhaustion, and chaos can quickly and easily set in. Moments of silence , peace , and conversations with adults becomes quickly appreciated and treasured to a whole new extreme. It has been slightly lonely around Amani with myself being the last and only volunteer for this season minus one girl who arrives tonight for a few weeks. Coming home to an empty home , speaking baby talk all day long , not having real adult conversations for days , and rarely leaving Amani compound has taken a toll. I always have considered myself and introvert , pretty quiet and content keeping myself occupied, but some would argue differently because my close to 1,000 friends on FB alone!!!! I am realizing this is far from the case, I need.people , I need comfortable , I familiarity, I need partnership , I need company especially in the midst of different , challenge and or the unknown.
How easily I am prone to dispare, feel alone, and forgotten. How easily I forget that I am never alone never forsaken even when I'm on the other side of the world seemingly alone. How quickly I sit in a empty room or even in a room full of screaming , laughing babies and ignore the presence of my Father , or recall a song of worship or passage or scripture in those times of need.
I spend the most of my hours in ABC Cottage B which is home to eight beautiful baby girls ages 1-4. These littlest princesses ALWAYS have a smile on their face , a skip in their step, and a song in their heart. If anyone has good enough reason to feel abandoned and alone it would be them. Yet the Lord constantly reminds me through these little ones that I am His , He has called us by name , that He will never leave us alone. He is our helper , comfort , provider, and peace. Faith like a small child Father give it to me. All through the day the babies can be heard belting at the top of their lungs songs like Jesus Loves Me , and Read Your Bible Pray Every Day. Just the things I need my soul to be reminded of on a daily hour by hour basis.

John 14:18-21
I will not leave you as orphans; hI will come to you. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but jyou will see me. kBecause I live, you also will live.In that day you will know that mI am in my Father, and nyou in me, and oI in you. Whoever has my commandments and qkeeps them, he it is who loves me. And rhe who loves me swill be loved by my Father, and I will love him and tmanifest myself to him.

2 comments:

  1. Our Lord is so gracious and good to us...It looks like you are learning so much Him...and you are so right--He will never leave nor forsake us...and He does love us...No matter what we are feeling. Keep holding tight to Him and sharing His love with these precious children. So neat to hear about what you are learning and what the Lord is teaching you and how He is growing you Han...

    "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it." 1 Thess. 5:16-24

    Love and miss you
    -Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! I know God will continue to meet you and reveal more pf His true nature as a Father. It was a blessing serving alongside you and meeting you! May God richly bless you in all He calls you to do!

    ReplyDelete