Saturday, August 9, 2014

Solid Ground

After the longest trsvel journey of my life , I'm proud to announce that i am safely on solid ground in Jinja Uganda. The Lord tremendously blessed my travels, specific prayers were answered, the transitions were smooth and effortless. Yet again the Lord proved Himself  greater , and faithful.
It is absolutely GORGEOUS here. While everything is soo new and different , it all feels comfortable, natural , and peaceful. Like I am finally home , somewhere where I've belonged to in a sense for a long time. The trees are vibrant green . There are trees and nature all.around. The streets are solid red dirt. Dogs run in and out of sugar cane feilds. The sun glistens off the Nile River and Lake Victoria.
Today marked my first full day her in Uganda. While I slept until 5pm due to serious jet lag, I am having oatmeal and a  good strong cup of coffee for dinner as I write this. Life is so simple her , kids run free and happy in the yard. You have no idea what time or day it is because your busy doing whatever needs to be done. There are no distractions , just a.calm hour by hour being. Tomorrow is Sunday ,  we will be taking some of the older kids to church , eating my first authentic African lunch ,and exploring the town and local markets. Can't wait to fully be immersed in this beautiful new culture. Many memories are being made, there will be plenty of stories and pictures to be shared.
Continue to pray for good health, blessed outreach in the village, and that the Lord would give me heart to honor and glorify him in all things as I begin teaching preschool to these little ones on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. This is such great news! And I am SOO glad you will be teaching Preschool! Gods way is truly perfect!
    Excited to read more as you have time! Love you and praying for you, my friend!yaay for church and food exploration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stoked to hear you got there with no troubles and that all is good! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got there safely! So excited for you. How long will you be in Africa? Peace and love. Cnt wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be here for 5 weeks teaching preschool and working at a local orphanage :)

    ReplyDelete