Friday, August 1, 2014

Compelled For This

What compels one to quit their job at the prime ?
What compels one to put life on hold to chase a calling?
What compels one to travel half way around the world?
What compels one to face a world of unknowns?
What compels one to leave the comforts of home to spend 5 weeks with strangers, different food, no running water , minimal WiFi, and tons of bugs?
What compels one to spend 24/7 loving on the least of these, giving all time and energy to show Gods children they are worthy and loved when everyone else in their life screams the opposite?

THE LOVE OF GOD COMPELS

2 Corinthians 5:
13 For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are of sound mind, it is for you. 14 For the love of Christ compels us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; 15 and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.

16 Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer. 17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

This passage explains the reason for my "madness"  to myself and all those around me. Those who support me and those who still consider me crazy. I was talking to a friend this week, who humbly and honestly sat there and told me " I have no desire what so ever to go to Africa ever". This got me thinking and I was blown away by the truth God spoke to my heart in that moment.
FIRST it confirmed for me once again that this calling, and desire God has placed on my heart is real. This overwhelming feeling of HAVING to do something, and go somewhere. Not knowing when , or how, or why but feeling the heaviness that I need to complete a job and be apart of a ministry in this lifetime. Jesus by His grace and mercy has called us each to a specific place, people group, age group, and type of ministry. He has gifted us with different passions, interests , talents, and abilities yet all with the same end goal and purpose. The reconciling of the world to Himself. The spread of His name, His fame, His hope to the ends of the earth. Yes the Lord could complete His task of redeeming His elect to Himself without a single one of us, but for our good and sanctification He allows us a part in it . What a blessing not only for those we minister to but through this process of serving others we for the most part  receive the most ministering to.

SECONDLY I completely was able to process exactly what I was doing and why during this season that the Lord has me in. For years ever since high school I have been a control freak. Always had a plan for every hour, day, week, month, year of my life. Where I would go to college, who I would meet there, when I would graduate, when I thought I would get married, have kids, etc. Much to the opposite God has taken the last couple years and shown me time and time again through the process of BREAKDOWN that His ways are higher , and what He has planned for my  life is far more amazing then anything I could ever plan. Full surrender to the Spirit takes you from a place of comfort and throws you into an adventure of trust, open doors, provision, and the building of new divine relationships. When I sit back and think on all the Lord has been doing and is continuing to work out I am amazed, filled with hope, surrounded by love, all while being guided into the unknown.
When you constantly remind yourself of who you serve , and who your living this life for the scary, unknown, and impossible of this life becomes so small. When times of doubt set in. When funds are short. When you feel nasty sick. When you have to get  close to 20 shots in a matter of a few days. When there are bills to pay. A job to find. Responsibilities to take care of, and decisions to make, through and through Gods peace is there. His faithfulness and proved time and time again. We are called to walk, to trust , to submit, and to follow. No matter what the cost, no matter how we feel and no matter is the call seems just short of impossible.
What has the Lord been calling you to, what ministry has the Lord placed on your heart, what excuses are you currently making as why you can't? These are all things I have to constantly bring before the Lord personally. It is easy to get caught up in comfortable and push aside the hard things, the uncomfortable things to the back burner. I can tell you right now , they never go away, and accepting the challenge of uncomfortable and impossible is sooo fulfilling!!!

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
1 Peter: 21-25

This song has become the theme verse of my life ever since I started seriously planning my trip to Africa. No matter what the cost Lord we let go of ALL we have just to have ALL of You!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment