Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We Do What We Want To Do

So i have been really convicted lately about my prayer life and devotion time. I heard of a student in class the other day who has been disciplined enough to get up at 4 every morning to spend a few hours in prayer and the Word before going to class.......WOW I didn't even know what to say or think in that moment. As i have been meditating on that the past few days i have just been asking myself why i am not like that. The Word of God is the richest by far text in the whole entire universe, on top of that we have free access to communicate with the God of the universe. Just stop and actually become aware of what that means........the GOD of the ENTIRE WORLD. He is our Father, Lover, Saviour, Redeemer, Deliver, Fortress, Provider......the list goes on and on......this is our God and we can talk to Him as if He were sitting in the room wanting to listen to us any time of the day! Why do we not take advantage and use it to our benefit and blessing. I can't but ponder all the things i am missing out on because i simply do not ask and seek God for the desires in my heart! How wrong of us. By the grace of God may we become people of prayer and of the Word delighting in it all day and meditating on it constantly. Pray with out ceasing. God just wants us to experience His great love compassion and endless blessings the only thing holding us back is sadly ourselves........God move us out of the way.....PLEASE!!!
Romans 7:15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do the things i want to do but I do the very thing I hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment