Tuesday, December 20, 2011

His Way or The Highway

So the theme of the last weeks and months has been a challenging but very necessary one..............the Lord has time and time again been doing little things in my life to reassure me of that fact that HE is solely in control. Not of just over arching life details but every single tiny littlest detail that can be imagined. Even in all the mess, frustration, disappointments, and joys the Lord is faithful and His hand can evidently be seen. I cannot be thankful enough for a God who loves and cares for me enough to be involved so intimately in my life. Praise God for His unending love and enduring sovereignty. As i am in the home stretch and graduate with my bachelors in exactly two short weeks, I glance back behind my shoulder and all along the way I single and double sets of foot prints down the whole path. If Jesus was not walking beside me then in those desperate times He was definitely carrying me on His shoulders. For all the times i have been unfaithful, when i have complained, and wanted to give up on what the Lord was asking from me, by His grace and mercy He has given me the strength to persevere. The verse that has been my verse for the semester and has encouraged me during these last days of this season in life can be found in Galatians 6:9. Gods Word reads "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Through this verse God has shown me the importance, joy, and reward that can be mine if i am content and faithful in those things that God has given me. Whether it be my singleness, school, having no job, still living at home, whatever it may be that consumes my heart and desires. Those things I wish sooo badly to control and change in my own strength in my own time, all the while unconsciously sinning against my Father in my lack of faith and trust. Father as Your Spirit dwells in me may You ever keep my eyes fixed on Your beautiful face. May the things of this world never sway me and may I be faithful to finish this race that you have specifically designed for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment