Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tis The Season.........

Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry

And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, let me rest in You
I'm restless, so restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I will rest in You

Was listening to this song today......I was reminded of it by a friend that i work with. While walking around the mall today and driving around town i was faced with a realization. This time of year especially it being only two days away from Christmas I couldn't help but get caught up watching everyone rushing here and there. Watching everyone with hands filled with bags filled with items, faces filled with stress and heckticness and the busyness of getting to the "special day and or weekend".
Couldn't help but stop and remind myself of the real reason and meaning behind this time of year, the reason why we are here on this earth and all the things that we soooo easily forget as we sooo easily get soo wrapped up in the wordly materialness of this time of year!! On this day that we celebrate our Lord and great Savior came down to be a human so live on this earth to die and rise again soo that we as His children could have the great hope of eternal life! Soo in this season let us not forget that we have the greatest gift of all to give people......all those lost and wondering hopeless in this world in the dark, living day to day for things that will not last in eternity. Let us as followers of Jesus Christ be living examples of Jesus spreading love, joy, peace, and hope of the Gospel to a lost and dying world in need! In the business of family, friends, gifts, and food may we take time to rest in Christ be still and know that He is God and remember what the reason for the season really is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment