Friday, September 28, 2012

You Satisfy Alone


This past weekend was a big slap in the face, review lesson from the Lord!! Don't you love when our Heavenly Father does that but with the all the love that He is of course!? I constantly find myself putting my trust in, looking up to, and putting people on a pedestal. This never fails to disappoint me and leave me hurt and confused when they fail me and my expectations. Why do I do this? Over and over again I look to the role models of sinful people just like me, all the time telling myself that they are above sinning and failing. But this is so not true, the only person that I can and should have faith in is Christ Himself. The only person that I should be looking to in order to model my life and behavior off of is Him and Him only. Thank the Lord that He is the only One who never changes who is constant in His character and faithful to every promise and word spoken form His mouth. No matter how spiritual someone is or how much they seem to have their life together we can be sure that sooner or later their weak heart and flesh will show through and they will fail us or God. 
In the same way that I want my life to only point people to Jesus and the cross (not to myself), I need to only be looking to the cross and Christ for everything I need and want to be. In relationships as intimate as families, friends, and spouses it is even that more important to constantly remind yourself that those you love cannot be your Savior and cannot give you everything that is needed to satisfy your heart and soul. The only One who can give us everything we can ever need and desire in Christ Himself.......yes the Lord has put these people in our lives for us to share life and His love with, but He never intended any relationship to take the place of our relationship with Him. It is only when our relationship with the Father is first and foremost that all other relationships can be healthy and purposeful. 
Lord may you constantly remind me that You are enough that, Your what Our hearts were made to desire the most. Satisfy every want and desire, and fill my heart with the love that only You can give. Purge me of every sinful thought and attitude and keep my heart and mind focused on the true Lover of my soul. 

Psalm 145:16 
You open your hand;
you satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Psalm 22:26 
The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live forever!

Psalm 40:11
As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me!

No comments:

Post a Comment