Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Child and His Father!


Since being done with school this last week I have been using my free mornings to enjoy the sunshine. Every morning I have tried to make it a habit to go down to the pool and swim some laps, since I have been kinda bored at the gym doing my same old workout routine. Usually after swimming laps I chill some in the hot tube and do some people watching (One of my favorite things to do). This dad and his son, no older then four suddenly caught my eye. The dad was carrying a big 9 footer surf board and the two were approaching the ocean getting ready for a little father son surf sess. For the sole reason that this was the cutest thing I had ever seen I continued to watch them, very intrigued. The Dad put his son on the front end of his board and proceeded to paddle out to the line up. The son was completely following his fathers lead and as they were padding out past big white water together they would duck dive under them and pop up on the other side. Once they began catching waves the dad would paddle into them and they would each take turns standing up and riding the wave. I am telling you, you had to be there one of the most precious things I have ever seen. My love for little boys and surfing, and family did not help the matter of course. Hahaha!!! 
I was sitting there watching this take place before me the Lord began to speak to my heart and remind me of truths from His Word that were triggered from this beautiful picture. I was overwhelmed and so grateful in that moment that God would so graciously speak to me through such an ordinary everyday occurrence. So often as children of God we are called to paddle out through waves that are so far above our heads, storms that we have to dive under and hope we pop up on the other side. So often it isn't until we get past that wave that we see the beauty of whats on the other side and the calm of the sea. At the same time what a beautiful reality it is that crazy and calm can dwell side by side, that they can come one after the other. Just like oceans waves come in sets they are constant but they don't come all at once. 
Secondly we have a heavenly Father who is there to paddle with us through the waves, and craziness of life. Our Father never leaves the surfboard but is right behind us as we ride the waves of this life and attempt to stand and ride with confidence those opportunities that He pushes us into. It reminds of verses in the Bible where Christ promises to NEVER leave us NOR forsake us (Hebrews 13:5). Fear not for I am your God, be not dismayed for I am with you, I will strengthen you, i will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10). Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenants and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations (Deut 7:9). These passages and soo many more all through out Scripture put into Words what I witnessed in a real life picture. Love how the Lord works and how when our mind is set on things above on heavenly things, then the Father grants us a picture into His glory and shows us what life is truly all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment