Sunday, July 8, 2012

Traveling Time!!

Ok so I have has this itch over the past few years and it just seems to get stronger and stronger. I haven been blessed in my life to be able to travel to a few places over the course of time. I went on a missions trip to Romania when I was 13, took a family vacation to Florida to tour Disney World, did the whole East Coast Route, and the typical resort trip to Phoenix a few times. I am so blessed to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, a place that every one wants to visit and live in and here I am wanting to travel and see places away from here. Funny how that all works right. I want to see the world and have adventures, exploring the way others live and their culture. 
I am soo happy to finally have a chance to be able to get my travel on and begin checking destinations off my to see list. School will be completely finished in 7 short weeks and then I will have some time to hang around studying for my state board test and waiting for my test date to arrive. I have decided to take a breather in life and use this down time to relax and have some me fun time. I have been going, going, going, dedicated to school 24/7 for the past 10 years and I am slowing down starting now. This is a huge thing for me because it is very hard for me to live as if I am wasting time , but I am beginning to realize how short life really is and how to take one day at time, and being ok with not rushing through it. 
So with that I kick of my first week as a graduated hair stylist having the amazing privilege of leading worship for a woman's retreat up in Pine Valley. This will be a great time of refreshing as I get to celebrate being done with school, soak in the Lords goodness, and spend the weekend with my Mom and church family. Second stop will be family vacation with my parents and little sister, I think we decided on going to visit Canada, Victoria Island to be exact. Looking at pictures it is filled with gorgeous hikes, forrest's and beaches. Super excited to say the least. Next I will take a few days and road trip out to Casa Grande Arizona where I get to meet my little baby cousin for the first time. I am very excited to stay a few days with my cousin Shawn and his wife and new little daughter. Then it just keeps getting better and better. My roommate from college and I have a tradition to spend the weekend at a family friends cabin up in Lake Arrowhead. I absolutely love this little mountain and look forward to be in the midst of nature, bundled up in front of a fire place enjoying good company, doesn't get much better then that!!! Then if i am not completely wiped out by this time and still have energy Mom and I want to road trip up to San Fran. I have heard so much about this city and can not wait to see it and explore it for myself. We have some family friends that moved up there that we miss alot and are very excited we have a free place to stay as well as some great company. 
It is for sure going to be a jam packed couple months but I cant be more ready to close the chapter of school and open this new chapter of adventure, travel and actually entering the real world. !!!! Thank you Jesus for all the things you have given me and for the blessing you continue to poor forth everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment