Sunday, April 15, 2012

When Trials Come!!

When trials come no longer fear

For in the pain our God draws near
                                                        To fire a faith worth more than gold 
And there His faithfulness is told 
And there His faithfulness is told

I had the great joy and honor of spending my morning at Grace with my lovely church family, then I spent the afternoon with a dear friend from days working at the coffee bar at school. We both have had a lot going on with changes and growth in our life so it was a blessing to chat and catch up. I ended my day with having the pleasure of going to a concert the Ghetty's put on at Shadow Mountain, their music and love for the Lord is always a time of refreshing, reflection on the Savior and encouragement. 
The lyrics that I posted above pretty much sum up what I have been feeling and what has been going on in my life over the past month or so. It was just an awesome reminder of why God puts hard things in our life and why we are called to struggle with faithfulness, running the race of life with endurance. It was such a blessing to read through these words and hear them sung, and have the Lord speak directly to my heart reminding me of His great promise that is made to us believers. That yes He calls us to walk through the fire, but He also promises to never leave or forsake us there. He promises to walk through that fire and storm with us and He promises to bring out the other side as refined and purified for His glory and our good. Jesus takes EVERYTHING away from us so that we can only draw near to and rely on His grace, power, and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment