Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Need To Be Content

Philippians 4:11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world and we cannot take anything out of the world. 
Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from the love of money and be content with what you have for HE said I will never leave you nor forsake you. 

   These are just a few places in Scripture where it talks about contentment, being happy and at peace with where God has you at the point in time. Ohhh my how this is such a hard hard thing for me. It seems like every day I am constantly struggling with this no matter how positive I try to be with situations in life. I constantly fall back into the ritual of analyzing, stratagizing, and trying to manipulate life to work the way I think it should. I lose sight of, or rather ignore what God's plans and seeking out what He is trying to teach me or show me through it all. Oh Lord help my unbelief and my lack of trust in You!! It will truly only be by the power and work of the Spirit in my life that I will over come this struggle with sin that I have. It has to be a daily, momentary awareness of the blessings and all the things that God has given me. It is such a frustrating and discouraging thing but praise to God for being such a faithful, loving, and steadfast Father, full of love and mercy. 
School has been a very frustrating thing, with the environment and being completely over begin in school and just wanting to be settled into a job working full-time. Staying motivated and positive about this amazing opportunity I have been give to develop skills for a life career has not always been the easiest. I know girls who would kill to be given this opportunity but constantly I am found complaining and feeling sorry for myself. WOW!!!! I am constantly reminded how much I don't deserve all that I have been given, it is so humbling. Thank you Lord for ALL that you have given, down to the breath that I wake up daily with. Lord use me for your glory and I shine Your love in the dark corners of this world that you have positioned me in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment