Monday, February 13, 2012

My Inspiration

One of the blogs I follow is my younger sisters who just recently moved to Chicago this past summer to attend Moody Bible Institute. She is an amazing writer and loves the Lord and it has been cool to keep updated on her new life in a new city, and all that God has been teaching her through her posts. From reading her blog regularly I was inspired by a little thing she would do almost daily. At least once a week if not daily she titles her posts "Todays Grace" where she will include either a verse, or truth, or just things that happened during the day where God was faithful and blessed! 
This really got me thinking about my own heart and life and how I so easily get caught up in the day forgetting or just not giving God enough credit for the happenings of the day (whether good or bad). I know i get so busy trying to get things done and worrying about stupid stuff like  what to wear and eat and where I need to go and all that I forget about God and being aware to little things He may want me to be paying attention to. I want to challenge all who read this to stop and take a look at your own heart and see if this is maybe not a common thing in all our lives. Make it a habit at the end of the day or throughout the day to be aware of the big and small ways that God gives grace to you and remains steadfast and faithful 24/7!! 

"For you know the GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you may by His poverty might become rich". 2 Corinthians 8:9

No comments:

Post a Comment