Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Embracing the Good Over Evil

So I am currently at work and let me tell you. There is nothing worst then writing a whole blog post on your phone like a text. But alas making the most of my down time while the baby takes his nap.

So it's confession time. I HATE social media. The junk , gossip , and dirt that can be found there is disturbing to say the least. Social media is ruining kids , families, and marriages. There have been multiple times where I am scrolling through Facebook and wonder what the heck I'm doing. Wasting time , and filling my mind with unwholesome  content. I have contemplated many times just shutting down the whole account and forgetting about. For some reason iv never actually followed through. In the process the Lord has prodded me to flood  social media with Godly articles , worship music , encouraging quotes , and uplifting content.

On the other hand of hate the Lord has also shown me what a blessing social media can be. Over the past year I have been able to meet people all around the world who have similar passions and interests. Being able to network and make new friends in Africa even before I get there has been amazing. Social media can be used for good.
For example:


 Just the other day I received a message from a good friend and fellow missionary over in Uganda. A friend and Ugandan woman they have been ministering to was serverly burned when she fell onto hot coals after being demon possed. In Uganda if you are disabled or don't look normal to the public they shun you. The way this woman is being shunned is through un-employment. In order to provide for her kids we know she needs work. In a few short minutes we were able to contact multiple ministries,  friends , and hospitals in seach of reconstructive surgery for this precious daughter of God. 


Let's chose daily to use social media to be a light in a dark world. People are watching you whether you feel like it or not . Use your stage to the glory of God. Lets use it meet likeminded people , raise awareness , promote Godly living, and fight against the injustices in the world. 

All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 24 Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. 
So, whether you eat or drink, orwhatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, 33 just asI try to please everyone in everything I do,not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.
1 Corinthians 10

No comments:

Post a Comment