Thursday, November 13, 2014

National Adoption Month

I am in love with the month of November for many different reasons. First of all its the beginning of fall , all things cozy and warm. We can finally pull out the handful of sweaters that us Sandiegans own!! Secondly it holds one of my favorite holidays. Thanksgiving. This is a time spent with family, counting our blessings, sharing laughs, prepping for Christmas and eating some of the most amazing food out their. I seriously could eat "thanksgiving dinner" for every big holiday and special occasion and be completely content. Lastly, and this is a new discovery I made just this year actually which added all the more  to my love of November. November happens to be National Adoption Awareness Month. How incredible that not just a day is dedicated to this but an entire month , 30 whole days.

I decided that on my blog I wanted to start doing a "Missionary Moment" once a week on Mondays. Where I share with you a little bit about a new ministry or missionary that I know personally who is serving the Lord overseas. Then I thought for the month of November I would focus on organizations that are striving for excellence in the department of orphan care, particularly in Africa since this is where my passion , calling, heart, and connections lie. There are so many amazing individuals not only in Africa but all over the world who inspire me with the work and visions that the Lord has given them to pursue. So many of these go unnoticed, as I know until I actually started searching I was unaware of just the amount of amazing things going on in all parts of the world. These disciples of Christ are giving of all their lives and resources to reclaim what the Devil has stollen and to bring hope and love to the most desperate situations around. Teaching widows skills, fighting against abortion , human trafficking, caring for orphans, the sick, the destitute, training young men to be leaders and pastors, and so much more. I am so excited to give you little glimpses into a number of different ministries that i have been blessed to have a small hand in this year. With so many needs on this planet the ministry diversity is just as large, no two are the same.

Jesus loves us and loves the entire world and it blows me away when I consider how blessed i am to have a small part in the vastness of all He is doing. When our utmost desire is His glory and fame to be known throughout the entire world then we open ourselves to be used in amazing ways in the most incredible places. We have not been given passions, abilities and talents for no reason. These are the avenues that the Lord uses as we carry His name wherever we may go. Don't sell short your past, the places God has brought you through and the current path you are on. He has a plan and is working in your life in more ways then you could ever imagine. Give the Lord your YES and see how He will use you. I promise it will blow your very mind, take you places you never thought you would go, and keep you there by His grace.

The first ministry I want to shine a spotlight on is MERCY HOUSE.  This organization was founded by a mom from the states who took a trip to Africa with Compassion to do some blogging for them. Little did she know that once you gave her "YES" to God He was call her to pursue even greater things for the Kingdom. This beautiful family still lives in the States and has trained African leaders to run the organization in Kenya. I love the work they are doing here and have a dream and vision to see a location established in Uganda Lord willing.


No comments:

Post a Comment