Friday, October 3, 2014

Know Your Boundaries, Push Your Limits

The last 3 months have been a crazy whirlwind of one adventure after the next. This is the first time in months that I have stopped to just rest, be home, and sleep in my own bed. You know the little things, like actually unpacking all my suitcases , doing all the laundry and organizing my house. Going from one beautiful location to the next, and each time being blown away by the vastness and creativity of our  God. This earth is covered from seashore to seashore with handiworks of God that give us just a small glimpse into the greatness and beauty of the Father. It is in those moments , standing 4,000 feet in the air overlooking a cliff, or with your toes in crystal clear water, or in the middle of a forrest with no one around for miles and only the sound of the wind through the trees. Those are the times when you realize just how small you are , just how great God is and how incredible it is to belong and be loved by the Master creator of the universe.
At the beginning of this year I said to myself that I was going to actually make intentional steps, and plans to make this year one of the best yet. I found myself stuck in a rut and craving some real life adventure, the "I don't know whats going to happen tomorrow" kind. I wasn't sure what that would look like , but just in that moment when I surrendered and let go God began leading and has not stopped providing one opportunity after another.

The first stop of the summer lead me to serve in the beautiful country of Uganda. I am so grateful for each and everyone of you who came alongside of me, knowing all that your prayers and finances were able to accomplish for the kingdom. The Lord is continuing to work in the hearts and lives of all those who i crossed paths with. technology is such fantastic in cases like these where I can continue to communicate and encourage new friends and believers from the other side of the world. This was a life changing experience, I will never forget the place where God made the calling to full -time missions  crystal clear. I count down the days that I can return and continue the work that that the Lord has for me  in Africa. Lord willing next summer.

The second stop of the journey brought me back home safely to LA where I met up with a friend and her family. We hopped on a plane and headed out to enjoy a beautiful week in Cancun , Mexico. I could not asked for a better place to relax and unwind from spending 5 weeks in Africa. The weather was so warm , the water so clear , and the atmosphere beyond relaxing. Had a lot of time to lay around , read and process all that the Lord has been teaching me.

The third stop was very unexpected. My last day in Mexico I got a call from a friend of mine. She had access to a time share up in Big Bear and wanted to take her couple kids up for several days. Her husband had to stay home and work so she wanted some help taking care of the kids, it was also a great excuse to escape to the mountains. The accommodations were beautiful, the weather was perfect, and we were able to make a cheap vacation out of it.

Last but not least , heading back from being up in Big Bear I get a message from one of my very best friends. She proceeds to tell me that she just bought a groupon for a cabin in Yosemite , to pack my bags that we are leaving in a few days. Mind you we have been talking about planning a few vacations such as grand canyon , Alaska , and Yosemite but the year got away from us and we hadn't had time to make it happen yet. I was so surprised and excited when i got this news. We filled up our car and headed out at 2 Am in the morning so as to arrive in Yosemite and still have a full day exploring. We managed to hike up to Glacier point the second day which was 20 miles long and took us 12 hours. It was by far one of the most challenging things iv ever done but my limits were pushed and I proved just how far my body can be pushed. It was so worth it. A very busy few days , but such a great, spontaneous adventure with some of my favorite girls on this earth. Great sites, precious friends, and fantastic conversations.

I am now officially back home for awhile now, back to normal life and working until the next adventure calls my name. Next trip isn't until December after Christmas, hoping to road trip up the coast and see San Fran , Napa and the Sequoias. Then looking at Hawaii in the spring, Alaska in the summer, and back to Africa in the early fall Lord willing. This world contains so many treasures and I have an itch to explore them all. So here is to a blessed and abundant life. All good gifts are from the Father and as long as He is in the business of giving I will joyfully receive. Below are some of my favorite moments from the journey so far!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment