Friday, September 5, 2014

Time Machine

Today marks my last day at Amani. I'm quite honestly in complete shock and utter denial that 4 weeks have come and in what feels like a matter of days. If I dwell on the thought to long it brings me tesrs. When i think about the countless friends I have made that will last a life time. Warm sweet smiling faces who loved on me , and gave of all they had. Little faces, hands, smiles, and hugs that melted my heart and made me feel like they were my own babies. Happy little voices that would sing all the day long about the love of their heavenly Father will be forever engrained in my mind. So many children that I was able to witness be adopted into loving, caring families. Yet all the rest I want to just pack into my suitcase and give a home and blessed life. Yet I have to walk away confidently trusting these little souls to a sovereign God who already knows the specific path and purpose each one will take.I have already made so many friends and ministry connections and have every intention to come back next year , and for way longer this time if the Lord wills.
I am now off to spend off to spend 4-5 days with my aunt and uncle in a new village where their ministry has been located for over 16 years. This will serve as a kind of debrief for me and I prepare to head back to the states so very soon. Some ugandan friends came by to drop of a bracelet embroidered with my ugandan name. This is such a special thing in the culture here. They are saying we except you as family , everything we have a right to is now yours as well. It is quite an honor. My name is "Naigulu" meaning from the heavens or above. Why did I ever imagine 4-5 weeks here would be plenty? Well I learnt my lesson haha. It is hard to explain to my friends and family back home.who expect me to be super excited to come home that this place feels just as much if not more like home. I have big dreams and visions for my future life here in Africa if the Lord sees fit. The Lord has revealed so much more about His character to me through teaching me more about myself . Everyday life when completely reliant upon a faithful Father can teach you some of the biggest life lessons.
Soo.excited for the many many pictures , stories and memories that will be shared in the next few weeks as I return home. Please continue to pray for the work that has continued and been started on this trip. That the Lord would continue to provide laborers for His harvest. For traveling mercies back to America. As well as continued health and energy. The Lord has been so faithful and your prayers have not been in vain. Keep them flowing.








No comments:

Post a Comment