Wednesday, May 30, 2012

These 21 Years!

Today marks a really really special day!! It is a very exciting time in the life of me, a time of great change and upcoming transitions. I have such mixed emotions on a day like today, but it is so very encouraging to know that being a Daughter of the King means so much more for me then being part of the religious background I was brought up in. It means that no matter what tomorrow, or next week, or the next coming months, or years may bring my destiny and future is secure because my Heavenly Father is sovereignly in control of EVERYTHING. On this special day I was reflecting back on all the things that life has thrown at me in the past 21 years of life and I am so humbled and amazed. Life has been full of its ups and downs, friends and family that have stuck by my side when it would have been easier and more desirable to just run away. I have endured the struggles of countless years of schooling that at the time was not a blessing but on the other side of completion most definitely are. Now I am at the 3-4 month mark of starting a lifelong career (all by the age of 21), thank you Lord!!! I have gone through the typical falling in love, make ups , and evidently break ups, but through it all the fingerprints of Christ's gracious sanctification work can be seen. 
On this day I have also been thinking about the fact of losing my best friend, roommate, accountability partner, and precious sister in a few short days. Whitney Canty will walk down the aisle and commit herself to Colby Trim for the rest of their lives together on this earth. I have had the honor and privilege to be there when this relationship first started and see it blossom and grow into the marriage relationship that will take place on Saturday. I could not be more happy for my sister as this has been a day that we have both prayed for and spend late nights talking and dreaming about for years now. I cant believe it's already here. While life for me will strange drastically I am so excited to re focus my life in a sense and commit myself completely to finishing hair school, getting my first real time jobs, travel, and hoepfully move out of the house!! :) I cannot wait for all that God has for me in this next year of life and have full confidence that My Father who has been ever faithful till now will continue to be ever faithful still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment