Sunday, February 10, 2013

Old With The New



In my college and post college days I have come to fall in love with the old hymns that so many have passed down throughout the ages. From generation to generation these contextual and melodically rich works of art have captured the heart of the church decade after decade. When you encounter a hymn you are not going to have this desire to expound upon to enhance one of these songs. But in light of this I am very impressed with the works of modern song writers who come up with great choruses that fit perfectly together with these ancient hymns. Having that little something to repeat and sing in the middle of the rich verses of these hymns makes them that much more powerful in my opinion. While many of the older generation think its wrong to mess with these hymns, to each their own. I respect the opinions of all! Enjoy this new one from Chris Tomlin and Kari Jobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment