Saturday, November 3, 2012

Patience, Patience, and still more Patience!!!

It never ceases to boggle my mind how my heart and mind work. I pray and ask for certain things and the Lord ever faithful and merciful see's that those things come through, He continually pours our His blessing and favor in my life. What do I do??? Well I turn around after a season of acknowledgement and thankfulness for those blessings and I find something else to be dissatisfied with!!! Even something soo little I still find something, something to need, something that stirs my heart towards discontentment. WHY, why does this happen time after time again? Why do I doubt the Lords goodness, His sovereignty, His loving hand in each and every detail of this daughters life? 
The Lord is ever sooo loving as i continue to sin in this area that He lovingly calls me back to Himself reminding me of the truth of Himself and the Gospel. How merciful, oh how merciful, there are no words to describe my love and appreciation that my Father would delight in dealing with me in such a way day after day. The following verse is one that a dear friend Malia Mason sent me this past week as a loving reminder that there is a reason that the Lord is in control of EVERYTHING! I have chosen to use this verse as my verse to live by lately because it has served as such encouragement! 


Daniel 2:20-23
“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
    wisdom and power are his.21 He changes times and seasons;    he deposes king and  raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise    and knowledge to the discerning.22 He reveals deep and hidden things;    he knows what lies in darkness,
    and light dwells with him.23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors:    You have given me wisdom and power,you have made known to me what we asked of you,    you have made known to us the dream of the king.



No comments:

Post a Comment