Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Finish Strong!!!

The phrase keeps playing over and over again in my head...........finish strong, your so close, endure to the end, it will be all worth it in the end!! In June of 2011 I knew little of what I was getting myself into. Thinking of myself as super woman and attempting to carry 22 units for my bachelors degree while taking on Cosmetology school in the evenings for 20 hours a week. Can you say what has possed me, or have I gone crazy?? Sometimes I don't know where I get this crazy nervous and anxious drive from but I am stuck with it. It feels like just a few weeks ago that I was the shy, timid, over achieving girl who walked into Paul Mitchell, into what I didn't know at the time was a whole new world. Needless to say it has been one of the craziest years of my life but I am even more happy to say that I graduate in 10 short weeks. The count down to AUGUST 31st has begun. BRING IT ON!!! While I am super nervous for what comes next I am also beyond excited to see where God has for me to work and continue to pursue these passions and talents that He has blessed me with. 
Being a christian as well as hairstylist has brought with it some challenges and tremendous opportunities. The Lord took me from my little bubble at a Christian college of 500 kids to a completely different playing field with the same amount of kids. This new environment that has been my home away from home for the last year has served as an amazing mission field. I have been able to grow leaps and bounds in my boldness and testimony for Christ. It never ceases to amaze me how mysterious the Lord's ways are yet how perfect and controlled they are at the same time. God knows exactly what He is doing and no matter how I question or believe that He is constantly reminding me in the most vivid ways. The next season of life entails me looking for my first real job, being pushed out into the real world and finally being able to start providing for myself which I have been working towards for the past 4 years. Its SOOOOO scary yet SOOOOO awesome and freeing to able to trust the Lord as He promises to never leave nor forsake. His promises are true, may I walk beside Him every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment