Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mysterious Ways!!

This past sunday I attended Sunday morning church service at Shadow Mountain with Kevin since his family was in town for the week. I alway miss my church family at Grace whenever I am not there and usually have this attitude that Grace is the only church that I can grow in and be convicted and taught the Word. Hahah hahah, is what God was whispering in my ear it seemed like as I was sitting listening to Dr Jeremiah's sermon. How easily I completely doubt God!!!!! I doubt His goodness, His sovereignty over all things, His love, His mercy, His faithfulness, and His complete control and protection of my heart and life. Yet, in the midst of all that failure, and utter sinfulness God reaches down and uses all things in my life for my best interest. WOW............once again I am humbled and stand in awe of God, all He has done for me and all He is working out for the future. 
Dr J was preaching out of Hebrews, the hall of faith chapter and we were studying Sarah's life. Clear as day reading the passage I saw myself over and over again. It never ceases to baffle my mind how God chooses to use characters in the Bible that are just like you and me. Imperfect, unfaithful, complainers, unholy, sinful humans like us. Christ has given us people who we can relate to who we can sympathize with, who we can point at and say "YES thats me"! God made a promise to Abraham and Sarah that took 24+ years to fulfill. In the midst of this prolonged period of waiting, Sarah did her share of doubting, laughing, manipulating and questioning for sure. Does that sound farmiliar? I know it sure sounds alot like me.
Over the course of the past 6 months or so I have found myself in Sarah's shoes alot. When you have a direction from the Lord, when you have received a promise that you have desired for along time it is in that time of waiting and trusting the Lord to bring it to pass that is the most difficult. Those times when you believe what the Bible says is true and that the Lord has you and your life in the palm of His hand but at the same time the things you most desire in life seem so far out of reach. I believe it is in those times of desperation and great need that we can stop and see Christ the most. We are forced to trust Him completely, we are forced to surrender and give up complete control. You have to move past your plans, ideas,  and reasoning to come to a place of total joy, peace, and contentment. God is on the throne and still in complete rule of all life throws your way, what He has spoken He will do, and what He and what He promised will be fulfilled. This is the God that I am proud to serve, worship, and honor with my life till the day I die. No I am not perfect, no I don't always have happy days, but yes I am still being sanctified and matured daily by the person and work of my Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that this is encouragement to you as you continue to fight the good fight and walk the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment